INTERNATIONAL PET SHIPPING
Pet Transport to Thailand
What you need to know about shipping pets to Thailand from the United States
If you are looking to send your pet to Thailand, we can help you arrange this move. We offer door to door pet relocation, or you can select which services you need to fit your budget. Either way, we will guide you every step of the way!
What’s the process?
The steps below must be followed in detail in order for your pet to enter Thailand. We recommend discussing the requirements and options in detail with a pet relocation company
To be applied for shortly prior to export
- All pets entering Thailand will need an import permit, which should be applied for once the health requirements have been met. The application is usually processed within 1-3 days.
- Pets must be at least 4 months of age to enter.
Must be completed at least 21 days before departure
Must be completed before departure
- Dogs, cats, and ferrets must be identified by microchip. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- The microchip should be ISO compliant and 15 digits long.
- If your pet does not have an ISO complaint chip, your pet will have to travel with a microchip reader attached to the crate. Alternatively, your vet can implant a new ISO complaint chip in addition to the existing non-ISO compatible chip.
Must be completed at least 21 days prior to departure
- The following vaccines must be administered at least 21 days before your pet can obtain an import permit and/or travel to Thailand.
- Rabies vaccinations valid for 1 year (cats and dogs).
- Dogs: Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, and Parvovirus (DHLP). The leptospirosis must be administered by the manufacturer’s recommendations. If not, your pet will need to be tested for leptospirosis within 30 days of travel.
- Cats: Feline Panleukopenia.
Import Health Certificate
Must be completed within 10 days before departure.
Must be completed within 10 days before departure
- At this point in your move, one of our pet shipping specialists will pre-complete the correct health certificate and email it to you veterinarian for signature at the physical appointment. We provide all documents and are available to answer any questions and trouble shoot issues that may rise.
- The health certificate must be completed within 10 days of export.
Must be completed within 10 days before departure
- After your pet has been examined by your veterinarian and the correct health certificate has been completed and signed, the health certificate must be submitted to the USDA office to be endorsed. FFexpress coordinates this process on your behalf.
- If a military veterinarian completes your pet’s health certificate, the USDA endorsement is not needed. A military veterinarian is a Veterinary Corps Officer or civilian GS-0701 series government veterinarian employed by the U.S Army Veterinary Service.
Thailand does not publish a list of banned breeds.
All Pitbull breed must be spayed or neutered before entry.
“If you are looking to relocate your pet bird outside the USA, then this is the company for you. Feathers and Fur Express had the knowledge and experience, to walk me through all the documents that was required to do this. They were with me right up to handing (Studley my parrot) over for departure and his flight from Atlanta, and at the other end of his journey in the UK. Marck and Lindsey and their team are just amazing. Thank You”
“Excellent service for my baby. We were not the easiest clients and Feathers and Fur Express did an excellent job. Very experienced and reliable company. I would highly recommend them to anyone. During the move they were very responsive and sending updates of our baby. I worked with Rebecca and Lindsey, they are excellent at their job. My vet technician who worked on our health certificate told me that this was your favorite company they have ever worked with!”
“With only 10 days notice Feathers & Fur made it all happen, they were so kind, professional & made the process stress free. They delivered my dog happy in perfect condition into my mother’s arms on schedule, updating me on their great app with photos & messages all the way and reassuring me as my dog made the journey. I could not recommend them highly enough.”
“We recently used FFExpress to ship our two pups to Europe. I couldn’t express my gratitude for them helping us!! We had a few hiccups but they did everything they could to help fix them. They took care of our two babies and made sure we knew they were safe the entire time. Would definitely recommend Feathers and Fur express to anyone!”
“We were at a loss for how to get our beloved pittbull/boxer mix from Atlanta to Girona, Spain. We’d almost lost hope when FFE gave us great recommendations on how we could be the process as smooth as possible with very clear instructions. We had no trouble, and our precious pup arrived with a wagging tail! Definitely a wonderful service!”
“Despite trying to move our Labrador from Houston during a pandemic and then a historic power failure on Houston, FFE came through for us. The team kept us in constant contact and went out of their way to help our veterinarian get set up with the USDA portal. Would highly recommend them for anyone moving pets internationally”
“Marck was really awesome. He took care care of all the paperwork and kept us updated. Great communication, great service! Our rabbit made it back home safely. Thank you!”
We’ll treat your pets as our own
Every team member at FFexpress is also a pet parent, so we know just how important your fur baby is to you. We only use the best airlines and facilities to ensure your pet is receiving the best care possible.
If you require more information, please