INTERNATIONAL PET SHIPPING
Pet Transport to China from the United States
What you need to know about shipping pets to China
If you are looking to send your pet to China, we can help you arrange this move. We offer door to door pet relocation, or you can select which services you need to fit your budget. Either way, we will guide you every step of the way!
What’s the process?
The steps below must be followed in detail in order for your pet to enter China. We recommend discussing the requirements and options in detail with a pet relocation company.
Must be completed at least 2 months prior to export
- Dogs, cats, and ferrets must be identified by microchip. There are no exceptions to this rule
- The microchip should be ISO compliant and 15 digits long.
- If your pet does not have an ISO complaint chip, your pet will have to travel with a microchip reader attached to the crate. Alternatively, your vet can implant a new ISO complaint chip in addition to the existing non-ISO compatible chip.
- If your pet does not have a microchip in place, try to do this before any vaccinations. An ISO chip can be implanted at any veterinary office.
- Your pet must have been vaccinated for rabies TWICE without a lapse in coverage between the vaccines. ORIGINAL rabies certificates must accompany your pet on the day of travel. The microchip should be ISO compliant and 15 digits long.
- First rabies vaccination can be administered before the microchip insertion, but not preferred.
- Second rabies vaccination within the effective period of the first vaccine according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Booster/second rabies vaccinations valid for 1, 2 or 3 years are permissible for entry to China when administered according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Other vaccines are not required, but the vaccines below are recommended, particularly if your pet may need to be boarded before or after travel.
- Dogs: Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza and Parvovirus (DHLPP) and Bordetella.
- Cats: Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia (FVRCP).
- Dogs and cats must be evaluated for serum rabies antibody levels by blood draw using a test known as the rabies titer test or FAVN test. FFexpress will advise you and your veterinarian on laboratories that are approved to process this lab work.
- The rabies titer test must be completed after your pet has received a microchip and 2 rabies vaccinations as listed in Steps 1 and 2. The FAVN test blood draw can occur on the same day as the second rabies vaccination if needed.
- The results of the rabies titer test must be greater than or equal to 0.5 IU/ml.
- Pet cannot depart the US until the FAVN report has been received. The original must accompany the pet(s).
Import Health Certificate
Must be completed at least 21 days prior to departure
- At this point in your move, one of our pet shipping specialists will pre-complete the correct health certificate and email it to you veterinarian for signature at the physical appointment. We provide all documents and are available to answer any questions and trouble shoot issues that may rise.
- After your pet has been examined by your veterinarian and the correct health certificate has been completed and signed, the health certificate must be submitted to the USDA office to be endorsed. FFexpress coordinates this process on your behalf.
- If a military veterinarian completes your pet’s health certificate, the USDA endorsement is not needed. A military veterinarian is a Veterinary Corps Officer or civilian GS-0701 series government veterinarian employed by the U.S Army Veterinary Service.
Chica does not publish a list of banned breeds, but there are abundant breed restrictions is Shanghai, Chengdu, and Beijing.
“Excellent service for my baby. We were not the easiest clients and Feathers and Fur Express did an excellent job. Very experienced and reliable company. I would highly recommend them to anyone. During the move they were very responsive and sending updates of our baby. I worked with Rebecca and Lindsey, they are excellent at their job. My vet technician who worked on our health certificate told me that this was your favorite company they have ever worked with!”
“With only 10 days notice Feathers & Fur made it all happen, they were so kind, professional & made the process stress free. They delivered my dog happy in perfect condition into my mother’s arms on schedule, updating me on their great app with photos & messages all the way and reassuring me as my dog made the journey. I could not recommend them highly enough.”
“We recently used FFExpress to ship our two pups to Europe. I couldn’t express my gratitude for them helping us!! We had a few hiccups but they did everything they could to help fix them. They took care of our two babies and made sure we knew they were safe the entire time. Would definitely recommend Feathers and Fur express to anyone!”
“We were at a loss for how to get our beloved pittbull/boxer mix from Atlanta to Girona, Spain. We’d almost lost hope when FFE gave us great recommendations on how we could be the process as smooth as possible with very clear instructions. We had no trouble, and our precious pup arrived with a wagging tail! Definitely a wonderful service!”
“Despite trying to move our Labrador from Houston during a pandemic and then a historic power failure on Houston, FFE came through for us. The team kept us in constant contact and went out of their way to help our veterinarian get set up with the USDA portal. Would highly recommend them for anyone moving pets internationally”
“Marck was really awesome. He took care care of all the paperwork and kept us updated. Great communication, great service! Our rabbit made it back home safely. Thank you!”
“Coco made it to Holland. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong but none of it the fault of Feather and Fur Express. They were wonderful helping to fix the issues with my vet, FedEx and the USDA while time was ticking. Great communication in a very stressful time. Coco is settled in and happy.”
We’ll treat your pets as our own
Every team member at FFexpress is also a pet parent, so we know just how important your fur baby is to you. We only use the best airlines and facilities to ensure your pet is receiving the best care possible.
If you require more information, please