INTERNATIONAL PET SHIPPING
Pet Transport to Italy
What you need to know about pet Travel to Italy
When it comes to shipping pets to Italy, it is crucial to follow the necessary steps meticulously to ensure a smooth entry for your furry companion. To make the process easier, we highly advise engaging the services of an international pet travel service that can provide comprehensive guidance and support.
What’s the process?
The process of pet travel to Italy involves several essential steps that must be adhered to without fail. It is essential to have a thorough discussion with a reputable pet relocation company to fully understand the requirements and explore available options. By collaborating with an experienced international pet travel service, you can ensure a hassle-free and well-organized journey for your beloved pet.
Must be completed at least 21 days before departure
Must be completed 21 days before departure, and must be completed before Rabies Vaccination.
- Dogs, cats, and ferrets must be identified by microchip. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- The microchip should be ISO compliant and 15 digits long.
- If your pet does not have an ISO complaint chip, your pet will have to travel with a microchip reader attached to the crate. Alternatively, your vet can implant a new ISO complaint chip in addition to the existing non-ISO compatible chip.
- After implanting the chip, your pet will have to be revaccinated in order for the vaccine to be valid.
Must be completed at least 21 days prior to departure
- Rabies vaccination must occur on the same day or after microchip implantation. Any rabies vaccine given prior to the microchip implantation is considered invalid and will not be accepted.
- Rabies vaccinations valid for 1, 2 or 3 years are permissible for entry to the EU.
- There is a mandatory 21 day wait period after the primary (or first) vaccination before your pet can enter the EU. If your pet’s most recent vaccination is a booster shot without a lapse in coverage, a 21-day wait will not be needed.
- Other vaccines are not required, but the vaccines below are recommended, particularly if your pet may need to be boarded before or after travel.
- Dogs: Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza and Parvovirus (DHLPP) and Bordetella.
- Cats: Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia (FVRCP).
Import Health Certificate
Must be completed 2-28 days before departure
Must be completed 2 – 28 days prior to departure.
- At this point in your move, one of our pet shipping specialists will pre-complete the correct health certificate and email it to you veterinarian for signature at the physical appointment. We provide all documents and are available to answer any questions and trouble shoot issues that may rise.
- The EU has two different health certificate options. The health certificate used will depend on whether the pet is traveling within 5 days before or after the owner or designated person, and whether the pet is changing ownership or intended for sale in the EU.
- Noncommercial health certificate: For pets traveling within 5 days of owner or designated person. Valid for 30 days after USDA Accredited Veterinarian issues it.
- Commercial health certificate: For pets traveling more than 5 days before or after owner or designated person. For pets changing ownership or intended for resale in the EU. Valid for 48 hours after USDA Accredited Veterinarian issues it.
Must be completed before departure and within 10 days of destination arrival for non-commercial health certificates.
- After your pet has been examined by your veterinarian and the correct health certificate has been completed and signed, the health certificate must be submitted to the USDA office to be endorsed. FFexpress coordinates this process on your behalf.
- If a military veterinarian completes your pet’s health certificate, the USDA endorsement is not needed. A military veterinarian is a Veterinary Corps Officer or civilian GS-0701 series government veterinarian employed by the U.S Army Veterinary Service.
Italy restricts the import of the following breeds:
“If you are looking to relocate your pet bird outside the USA, then this is the company for you. Feathers and Fur Express had the knowledge and experience, to walk me through all the documents that was required to do this. They were with me right up to handing (Studley my parrot) over for departure and his flight from Atlanta, and at the other end of his journey in the UK. Marck and Lindsey and their team are just amazing. Thank You”
“Excellent service for my baby. We were not the easiest clients and Feathers and Fur Express did an excellent job. Very experienced and reliable company. I would highly recommend them to anyone. During the move they were very responsive and sending updates of our baby. I worked with Rebecca and Lindsey, they are excellent at their job. My vet technician who worked on our health certificate told me that this was your favorite company they have ever worked with!”
“With only 10 days notice Feathers & Fur made it all happen, they were so kind, professional & made the process stress free. They delivered my dog happy in perfect condition into my mother’s arms on schedule, updating me on their great app with photos & messages all the way and reassuring me as my dog made the journey. I could not recommend them highly enough.”
“We recently used FFExpress to ship our two pups to Europe. I couldn’t express my gratitude for them helping us!! We had a few hiccups but they did everything they could to help fix them. They took care of our two babies and made sure we knew they were safe the entire time. Would definitely recommend Feathers and Fur express to anyone!”
“We were at a loss for how to get our beloved pittbull/boxer mix from Atlanta to Girona, Spain. We’d almost lost hope when FFE gave us great recommendations on how we could be the process as smooth as possible with very clear instructions. We had no trouble, and our precious pup arrived with a wagging tail! Definitely a wonderful service!”
“Despite trying to move our Labrador from Houston during a pandemic and then a historic power failure on Houston, FFE came through for us. The team kept us in constant contact and went out of their way to help our veterinarian get set up with the USDA portal. Would highly recommend them for anyone moving pets internationally”
“Marck was really awesome. He took care care of all the paperwork and kept us updated. Great communication, great service! Our rabbit made it back home safely. Thank you!”
We’ll treat your pets as our own
Every team member at FFexpress is also a pet parent, so we know just how important your fur baby is to you. We only use the best airlines and facilities to ensure your pet is receiving the best care possible.
If you require more information, please